A multiple award-winning entrepreneur, Dato Jonathan Lim Ying Ran is a natural high achiever in entrepreneurship. His experience comes with a wealth of business success across numerous industries. The best selling author of ‘影销真经‘, he also holds the position of Mejor Bersekutu in Angkatan Pertahanan Awam Malaysia(APM).
Where it all begins..
Jonathan had first started right out of graduation as a support engineer at the multinational company Ericsson. With only a 1st Class Honors Degree in BSc (Hons) Computer Science from Staffordshire University – UK under his belt, he was exposed to online trading during his studies and decided to venture into the IT industry.
Coming to terms with his dreams, the Jonathan of 26 started his first company MMG, an iOS application developer company that provides the “best applications solution to their customers”. This became the pivoting point of his career. From there on, it was a snowballing effect.
The company went on to grow rapidly, expanding into different sectors and out of its IT shell. With each bold investment into new ventures, it was met with tremendous success.
This caused the founding of the MMG Group of companies. This IT conglomerate serves a diversified range of business and investment interests including e-commerce, industrial investment and trading, property construction and development, digital marketing, and fintech startups.
Besides his entrepreneurial undertakings, Jonathan is also an active business mentor and coach. His compassion for shaping and guiding the next generation of leaders had led him to extend his reach to even the education and training sectors.
He is devoted to his passion for speeches, the way they influence and inspire the masses. As a charismatic and influential leader himself, Jonathan strives to impart the image that leaders should be more than self-seeking. With such prominence power, they should guide the hands of future leaders and aid in their growth.
Outside of chasing his dreams, Jonathan is actively using his hours in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and charities. He had formed a joint effort with the Community Policing Malaysia and Polis Diraja Malaysia (PDRM) to aid public security. This lead to his creation of Hot Assist, an emergency one call assist app and hotline for emergencies such as break-ins or missing children.
For Jonathan Lim, his business acumen is just another milestone closer to leaving behind a legacy woven into the lives of others.
- Britishpedia – Successful People In Malaysia 2020
- International Prestige Brand Award – Best Brand of The Year 2019
- ASEAN Top 50 Social Media Influencers Award 2019
- Sinchew Education Award – CSR Award 2019
- BigPost – Malaysia Most Famous Social Media Influencer Entrepreneur
- Malaysia Book Of Records – Longest Non-stop Live Broadcasting Business Talk by an Individual 2019
- Top 100 International Business Style Award 2018
- Grandeur And Elegante International Business Award 2018
- The Malaysia Book Of Records – Business Editions – Young Entrepreneur 2017
- Top 100 Most Sustainable Entrepreneur Award 2017
- Top 30 Creative Young Entrepreneur Award 2017
- 100 Most Influential Young Entrepreneur Award 2016
- Shang Hai Elite Entrepreneur《商海风云人物》 2016
- Top 30 Outstanding Young Malaysian Award 2016
- SME 100 – Fast Moving Enterprise Award 2016